At Doorstep, we provide Topekans with the support they need to live fuller, more self-sufficient lives. From combatting hunger to offering individuals and families the services and resources they need to enjoy independent lifestyles, Doorstep is committed to extending a helping hand to our forgotten friends and neighbors in their time of need.
We’re proud to provide our neighbors assistance where they need it most:
• Transportation (local gas vouchers/bus tickets)
Who we help: Whether they’ve lost everything in a house fire or are living alone with a disability, Doorstep’s up-front emergency services are for those who require assistance with critical needs while they wait for additional aid. We don’t impose income guidelines for emergency services, though most of our neighbors who use these services are at or below the poverty line.
• Food: Once every eight weeks; this is intended to provide three meals for five days
• Clothing: Once every two weeks
• Rent: One time per 12-month period
• Transportation (local gas vouchers/bus tickets): Vouchers available two times per 12-month period
• Prescriptions: Two times per 12-month period ($150 cap)
• Utilities: One time per 12-month period
Who we help: Short-term assistance is designed to help those recovering from sudden loss of employment or health-related issues. These solutions are designed to help our neighbors get back on their feet rather than cope with long-term needs.
Giving back to Topeka
By supporting Doorstep, you help more than just those in need! As one of five primary emergency assistance agencies serving Topeka, Doorstep alleviates the burden from other charity organizations, both social and governmental. Offloading some of the workload from these groups provides better access to better resources for our friends and neighbors in need!
Need Help? Let Us Know!
1119 SW 10th Ave.
Topeka, KS 66604-1105
Office open: M-F 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Client service hours: M-F 9 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.